Monday, November 21, 2011

Wearing an Invisible Suit gets poor sales service

I must have been wearing my invisible suit for almost 20 minutes without knowing it myself.

Service staff at the store without queue and numbering system passed me by several times.

My conspicuous appearance (at least what I thought) and attempts to alert someone for 15 minutes proved futile.

Even a lady who just came up and stood at the corner was noticed. And there wasn't even a long line of people.

I am a regular customer except dressing a bit more casual that day. Or perhaps it was just another bad haired day for me - quite literally, using a different shampoo and getting up on the wrong side of the bed. I'm speculating what other possible reasons that could have made the sales staff think I wasn't a serious customer that day.

Was I wearing an invisible suit without realising it? It only works on others standing opposite or next to you. The magic only lasts for several minutes, enough to test your patience and endurance.

Finally one bloke who finished serving a customer who stood next to me but went on to do other stuff and talk to co-workers than to help out at the service counter decided to take notice of my existence and asked if I needed help. Of course, I had been waiting for a long while.

I do take comfort that another store I went to was well organised, the sales processing was orderly and the staff efficient and friendly despite the crowd and long queue.

No comments: